Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Body Finder; By Kimberly Derting

Reading level: Ages 14 and up
Paperback: 352 pages

  • Publisher: HarperCollins; Reprint edition (February 15, 2011)
  • Language: English


Sixteen-year-old Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her unusual so-called gift. While her confusing feelings for her best friend are new, she has been able to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered—and the imprints that attach to their killers since she was a little girl. Violet has never considered her ability useful, but now that a serial killer has begun terrorizing her small town she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him. Fiercely protective of her, Jay agrees to help Violet search for the murderer. But even as she's falling in love, Violet is getting closer to discovering a killer . . . and becoming his prey herself.


My review:
What can I say?
What can I say?
...
...
I LOVED IT!
This book captured me from the first line and took me through a tale of loss, sacrifice, hurt, but most of all, love. Can you guess who my favorite character was? Violet of course! I loved everything about her but mostly I was extremely jealous of her ability. I wish I could find dead things...well actually when you put it like that...nope! I still want her ability. I also fell in love with Jay first moment we met the kid. He's goofy and cute and overall just a great guy. If only all guys were like Jay Heaton. 
Besides my obsessive love for the characters the book was written quite lovely. I loved the flow of words and everything about it. I actually read this book back last fall which really set the mood for the book considering it's set in late September through January (I think).
I recommend this book completely to anyone who enjoys romance, budding relationships, murder, mystery, suspense, etc, etc, etc. The Body Finder really makes you fall in love with all the characters and Kimberly Derting's captivating writing.
*Buy 'The Body Finder' on Amazon starting as low as $3.44(used), $3.99(new).
http://www.amazon.com/The-Body-Finder-Kimberly-Derting/dp/0061779830/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342016779&sr=8-1&keywords=the+body+finder


**Don't miss my reviews on the next two books in The Body Finder series! COMING SOON!




No comments:

Post a Comment