Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Modern Classics

When most of us teens and young adults go to the bookstore, most of us are going to be most attracted to the books that look modern. As much as you want to deny it, everyone judges a book by its cover, whether it be used metaphorically or literally. Right now, I'm talking literal. When we see a book that looks small, unimportant, and or has a 'not-so-interesting' title or cover, we immediately pass over it.
I'm here today to tell you to...
SNAP OUT OF IT!
If you see one of those books, at least read the synopsis! You may actually find the story interesting. Trust me, I know from personal experience.
I have three books that I'd like to share with you, that are not given enough credit. Well one of them was made into a major- motion picture but, half of the universe doesn't even know it was a book first!
Alrighty, here we go!


As most of you know, this is the one book that was turned into a stop-motion puppet animation. One of the best movies by the way! Any who, most of you probably didn't know this was a book. Well guess what! I read the book before this movie even came out and let me tell you one thing! IT WAS AMAZING. Neil Gaiman has been one of my favorite authors even since and I also loved his book, 'The Graveyard Book'. Now that one made me cry at the end.





 Not going to say much about this one. It's a good story. The way it's written does get pretty confusing but hey! other than that, it's a pretty damn good story.



This book, man. This book changed me. It is the most beautifully written book I've ever read. Tears were literally my worst enemy through this whole book because I just couldn't stop crying. David Almond also became one of my favorite authors just because of this book. Read this. You will not regret it. I love you David. I love you and thank you for writing a book that has touched me so deeply. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I've finally found someone else who had read Skellig! It really changed me, it's really hard to put into words how beautiful it is!

    ReplyDelete