Friday, April 6, 2012

First Day on Earth



  • Reading level: Ages 13 and up
  • Hardcover: 150 pages
  • Publisher: Scholastic Press (November 1, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • A startling, wonderful novel about the true meaning of being an alien in an equally alien world.

    "We are specks. Pieces of dust in this universe. Big nothings.

    "I know what I am."

    Mal lives on the fringes of high school. Angry. Misunderstood. Yet loving the world -- or, at least, an idea of the world.

    Then he meets Hooper. Who says he's from another planet. And may be going home very soon.



My Review:
                Amazing novel. The book was only 150 pages so I think it might be the shortest book I've ever read. Maybe. Not Sure. The book was written beautifully. I loved Malcom (Mal) and his sarcastic, bitter comments. Cecil Castellucci really captured the voice of a depressed, misunderstood teen without being totally stereotypical like most authors. The book definitely kept me wanting to read and believe me I did. Took me three hours and they were an amazing three hours that kept me intrigued and kept me guessing at every flip of the page. If you want a quick, inspirational, incredible read, choose 'First Day on Earth', you wont regret it. Unless you do and then I guess... too bad for you. 

**Here's a link to Amazon where you can buy it for as low as $4.00.
                                                         ~Jessica
                                                            


No comments:

Post a Comment